Trento Brut Rosè Riserva
This is a Controlled Designation of Origin (DOC) rosé sparkling wine. Made with Chardonnay and/or Pinot Blanc and/or Pinot Noir and/or Meunier. The base wine is mainly fermented in steel and remains on the lees in the bottle for at least 36 months.
Characteristics (visual, scent, flavour):
- Recommended ageing period: 2-4 years from the release date.
- Alcohol by volume: 12.5% Vol.
- Made in the province of Trento in the areas specified in the production specifications, at an altitude of from 200 to 800 metres.
- Store in the cellar at a constant temperature of 11-15°C for a few years or at room temperature for just a few weeks.
- Serve at 8°C in very tapered glasses to highlight its perlage, with a slight rim to concentrate its aromatic qualities.
Pale pink enhanced by a vivid and ultra-fine perlage. It presents rose hip, Fuji apple, raspberry juice, and redcurrant aromas with mild wild strawberry nuances. The initial crispness in taste is accompanied by an elegant tanginess and creamy bubbles.
The wine’s long aromatic finish is the perfect match for the characteristics of this extra mature Grana Padano. In addition, the liveliness of the perlage and calibrated tanginess add an element of freshness to the drinking experience, without compromising the distinctive rich taste of the cheese.
Curious factsRecipient in 1993 of the first Controlled Designation of Origin awarded in Italy to a sparkling wine made using the second fermentation in the bottle following the classical ""méthode champenoise"" . Scientific research carried out on a grand total of 43 samples of Trento DOC detected around 1700 volatile compounds, on a par with those of the great red wines.
It is fairly easy to source in both wine shops and at large-scale retailers.
Other full bodied rosé sparkling wines recommended with extra-mature Grana Padano:
- Franciacorta Brut Rosé Riserva
- Alta Langa Brut Rosé Riserva
- Oltrepò Pavese Brut Rosé Riserva