Nutritional values and calories of Grana Padano
When goodness is good for you
Our cheese is truly an ideal food for everyone. Thanks to its outstanding contribution to energy and its high quality nutritional content, Grana Padano PDO is highly recommended during weaning and adolescence, and for adults, pregnant women, practitioners of sport and the elderly.
Did you know?
– It takes roughly 15 litres of milk to make 1 kg of Grana Padano PDO.
– Each vat used to make Grana Padano cheese contains roughly 1.000 litres of milk.
– 30 g of Grana Padano contain the nutritional values of around half a litre (1 pint) of milk.
– The average cholesterol content in 50 g of Grana Padano DOP is roughly 50 mg.
– 50 g of Grana Padano contains over 600 mg of calcium.
– Grana Padano is lactose-free* due to its production characteristics and long ageing, making it suitable in a lactose-free diet.
– Grana Padano is also gluten-free.
– It can be grated onto pasta or rice, or on in sauces, dressings or soups, instead of salt.
– Ideal as a healthy snack, in small chunks of 10/15 grammes, together with some fruit and a little bread, preferably wholemeal.
* Galactose content of less than 10mg per 100g of Grana Padano PDO