Crown Shaped Pasta Filled with Grana Padano RISERVA 24 months & Tomato
. Difficulty: Medium
. Serves: 20 people (20 coronas) people
. Preparation time: 1 hour
(for 20 coronas)
175g (1 ¼ cups) “oo” Caputo Flour
85g (3/4 cups) Durham Flour
19g (2 tablespoons) Semolina
356g (14 eggs) Egg yolk; approximately 14 yolks
Butter 226.5 g (1 cup)
AP Flour 300 g (2 cups)
Milk 1500 g (1 ½ quarts)
Onion; studded with 2 cloves ½ of 1 whole
Thyme 2 sprigs
Bay Leaf 2 leaves
Egg yolks approx. 4 each (1 yolk for every pint of bechamel)
Grana Padano Riserva 24 months; finely grated 500g (1 QT)
- Make a roux by melting butter completely on low heat, making sure not to brown.
- Once melted, whisk in flour to create paste. Make sure to smooth out any lumps and continue to cook for a few minutes to cook out the raw flour taste.
- Separately in a small pot, steep cloved-onion and herbs in milk. Slowly whisk milk into the roux and cook on low heat until smooth and thick. Strain through chinois.
- While still warm, return back to a clean pot off the heat and beurre mix in egg yolks (one at a time) and Grana Padano Riserva .
- Strain again through chinois and cool in large piping bags.
Itlalian Peeled Tomates 3000 g (1 can)
Pomodorini 1600 g (4 cans)
Garlic 1 clove; crushed
Food milled together.
- In a small rondeau, lightly toast garlic clove in olive oil until fragrant. Add food-milled tomatoes and cook on low heat until reduced by half.
- Season with salt and sugar to taste